The first day of the new timetable today with pleasing passenger loadings despite the weather - in fact, the first train of the day had exremely pleasing numbers onboard!
Activity has been on several fronts during the day with a limited number of volunteers on site.
1) The Booking Hall received plenty of visitors throughout the day who were very complementary about the station and the work that has been carried out.
2) The Class 119 team were in action down the yard. They have cleaned up the fuel filler pipes and caps as well as prepared a saloon for receiving its ceiling panels.
3) The buffet car was open for teas, coffees and light refreshments.
4) The Stationmaster has performed various jobs around the area, including fitting another light into the Ladies, mending a step and moving a table from down the yard. The owner of said table only had his back turned for one minute during a snow shower, came out of the cabin and found it was gone!
5) Work was undertaken on the Narrow Gauge in preparation for the opening.
6) Carline Drains and Co travelled to Duffield in the lorry after the Land Rover disgraced itself this morning and they managed another day of lovely drainage work.
7) At the back of the shed, the Dream Steam Team were hard at work on their shiny wheelsets that have just returned.
Many thanks to all,